Ask any Realtor in Vero Beach,( although I hope it will be me you ask), and they will tell you they have buyers lined up and waiting for homes. If you have been thinking about selling your home and moving up into a larger home, or downsizing into a smaller one, now is the time.
I have buyers contacting me from all over the country looking for homes in certain neighborhoods and there just aren’t all that many for sale.
If you are thinking about putting your home on the market soon, here are some things you will want to do before you list your home for sale:
- Walk in your house, turn on all the lights and look carefully at your home, as if you were a buyer coming to view it.
- Write down everything you notice, from those pesky cobwebs in the corners to stains in the carpet.
- How are your walls looking? Do they need a good cleaning, or has it been more than 5 years since you painted?
- Check your ceiling fans for dust.
- Do all of your doors and windows close properly?
- When you drive up to your house, does it look inviting? Are there nicely trimmed plants and some colorful flowers?
- Could you use some new lawn furniture?
- Are there piles of mail and magazines everywhere? Get rid of them.
- If you have clothes in your closet that don’t fit any more, give them away and clear out some room in your closet.
- Hire a professional cleaner to come in and do a deep cleaning for you.
- If your furniture is old and has sentimental value, but will not make your home show to it’s best advantage, ask me about having it staged for you.
- Repair anything that needs fixing. Make a list of all of the problems you see and fix as many of them as you can afford to repair.
- Replace burned out light bulbs and all of your filters.
Anything you can do to make your home look and feel well taken care of will help it to sell faster.
Or call me and we can go through everything together.